- ERROR CODES FOR THE
HOTPOINT WF840 WASHING MACHINE
- May apply to some other models too
As I mentioned if
something goes wrong with this type of washing machine I think there should come
up on the LCD display a Diagnostic Error Number to pinpoint wherabouts the error
has occured on the machine although, I cannot find any reference to this in the
Instruction booklet. I will have to confirm with a Hotpoint Engineer if this
WF840 has this facility of showing error numbers in the display when something
goes wrong. In theory if a number comes up on the display the washing machine
should immediately empty its water out of the drum and stop working. You give
the number to the engineer and he can pinpoint exactly what component has failed
in the machine or what the problem is. Good idea if it works correctly.
I have found these codes
for you if such an error code sould come up on your machine and I think it
should correspond with the WF840 /WF860 /WF865 Washing machine range:
- E10 - No cold fill. Check that the taps are on or if the drain
hoses are kinked.
- E11 - No hot fill.The ambient temperature is likely to be below
freezing possibly due to the pipes being frozen. Also check that the taps
are on or if the drain hoses are kinked.
- E12 - No mixed fill. It is likely that the water is not turned on
at the taps.
- E13 - Check the water supply, inlet valve and hot and cold hose
- E14 - A fault with the water heating has occurred.
- E15 - Water is not being pumped out and a flood condition could
occur. Check that the drainage hose is raised to the recommended minimum
height and that the pipe is not blocked.
- E16 - Extremely high water level Disconnect or turn off the water
supply and ensure that the water level does not rise any more. Then book a
- E17 - Door not closed properly. Close door firmly at the 3 o'clock
- E20/1 - The thermistor resistance has drifted or the temperature
scanning sequence is incorrect. The ambient temperature could be below
- E30/31 - A motor drive problem has occurred. Try running the
programme again. If the problem persists book a service engineer.
- E40 - Water below protection level during a heat step.
- E41 - Water level detect sequence incorrect.
- E50/51 - Customer language and wash programme have not been saved.
The system will run with default conditions (1000rpm max and English
language). Book a service engineer to re-programme your product
For Further Information on Error Codes Visit: http://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/Service/faq/errorcodes.html
Back to WF840 Review